Critical illness insurance offers financial help and allows you to get back on your feet by paying the costs associated with life-altering illnesses. Critical illness insurance pays a one-time lump-sum cash payment on diagnosis of a life-threatening illness. This comprehensive critical illness coverage will pay you a tax-free lump-sum, includes a broad range of covered illnesses, health event or undergo treatment while under their coverage. Critical illnesses may include:
- Life-threatening cancer
- Heart attack
- Kidney (renal failure)
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Loss of sight, speech or hearing
- Major organ transplant—heart, liver, or pancreas
Innovative research and cutting-edge technologies have dramatically improved the survival rates for those who suffer chronic illnesses such as paralysis, life-threatening cancer, and heart disease. Higher health care comes with significant financial cost that impacts the policyholder and the whole family. The insurance company usually pays the benefit to depend on the amount of the coverage policyholder chooses. Factors that influence critical illness insurance premiums include age, sex, smoking status, and how much coverage you choose. There are a variety of plans available to make it easier for everyone, including the hard-to-insure, to get the greatest coverage at the lowest price. Moreover, even smokers can apply for non-smoker rates – if they have been a non-smoker for 12 months. Retirement Shield Canada Insurance has different coverage benefits, provides good coverage without the hassles of scheduling or submitting to a medical exam. They have designed their process to eliminate the usual time required and procrastination that occurs with the planning process. They designed for the most challenging applicants, from a very serious medical condition to a non-smoker who doesn’t qualify for insurance, Retirement Shield Canada Insurance may be the plan for everyone. Once goals have been established, the Retirement Shield consultant can customize strategies to suit your needs and objectives. To qualify for no medical exam insurance, you need to answer a series of yes/no questions. After which you could purchase a relatively low cost no medical exam policy with no further requirements. No one wants to end up paying for a higher premium insurance policy. With Retirement Shield, you can save time with our hassle-free application process and gain peace of mind with critical illness insurance coverage.
Features & Benefits
- Benefit packages at an affordable premium
- Easy payroll deductions
- Coverage encompasses a wide range of preventative screening tests
- Supplements provincial healthcare coverage
- Pays lump-sum benefits when someone is diagnosed with a covered critical illness.
- Helps protect against unforeseen costs with payments that can be used at the insured’s discretion
- Offers limited coverage if you are diagnosed with a second critical illness
- Family coverage (group coverage)
- survives the waiting period of typically 30 days.
- Terms period of 10-years and 20-years
- Disability waiver premium, if you are disabled for 90 days.
- No medical exam policies, a good alternative for children.
- Less time-consuming.
- Guarantee a child’s eligibility for coverage, regardless of his/her future health status.
Many people prefer this kind of life insurance because it’s easier and has an option for pre-existing conditions. Even those who are in good health tend to opt for standard life insurance policies. For some, the premiums will usually be much higher than for traditional life insurance, as they have a lot less information to base their rates on and to determine how long one likely to live.